Southampton Arts remains closed while we make exciting plans to relaunch with a fresh new face to the Gallery, new work by our Gallery Artists, and to ensure that we have prudent protocols in place to support a safe visit to the Centre.
Like you, we see every day moving us forward with more optimism for the future and increasing opportunity to reconnect. We see a community changed but also a town that has shown heart, strength and adaptiveness. We have seen creativity and resilience and a refreshed appreciation for what we do have, embracing the constancy that gratitude brings.
There won’t be Canada Day Fireworks, but there will be the same sky blazing with Lake Huron sunsets. There won’t be Chantry Island cruises, but there will still be that same iconic view from the shoreline. The Range Light is changed, battered by high wind and water but still stands tall, a distinctive symbol of the way home. The masks, gloves and hand sanitizer we see now speak to a continued challenge, but the welcoming, open doors and friendly faces of our downtown business community say; this is your home, your special place. This is still YOUR Southampton.
Southampton Arts is delighted to announce a call for entry for a community art exhibition honouring the sights, sounds, lifestyle, people and sense of place, pride and belonging that is Southampton. It’s time to celebrate your creativity and our community. Celebrate Southampton.
June 20 - September 6, 2020
Open to all artists in any medium who love Southampton, ON
Intent to Enter Due Date June 5, 2020
Drop Off of Work June 13-16, 2020
Pick Up September 7 - 11, 2020
- Call for Entry is open to all Ontario artists with a love for Southampton, Ontario.
- Work entered must relate to the lifestyle, people, or landscapes of Southampton but can be representational, impressionistic or abstract.
- Entry fee is $20 per piece and Southampton Arts retains a 35% commission.
- You must submit this form by the Intent to Enter date of June 5 AND email images of your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CelebrateSouthampton" in the subject line.
- You must be able to deliver/ship the work to arrive June 13 - 16. Physical distancing protocols will be maintained during the intake process and you may be assigned a specific time window.
- Depending on volume of entries, work may be split into two separate shows, the first running June 18 - July 26 and the second July 29 to September 7.
- Work will be displayed in the Fire Hall Studio Gallery and depending on volume of entries, possibly other areas of the Southampton Arts Centre.
- Entry fees must be etransferred to email@example.com using the password "CelebrateSouthampton"
You will be asked to attest to the following terms when completing the entry form;
- I certify that my entry (s) is not a derivative, copy or breach of copyright law.
- I understand that delivery and pick up of my entry (s) is my responsibility
- Southampton Arts does not arrange insurance. Insurance during transit and exhibition is the responsibility of the artist
- Artists will be notified by phone or email of sales. Southampton Arts retains a 35% commission
- My entry (s) are NOT larger than 144 linear inches (eg. 36 x 36, 24 x 48 etc)
- 3 dimensional work can be presented in multiples as long as it does noy exceed size constraints above.
- My work is "ready to hang" with picture wire. No teeth hangers or french cleats
- My work is dry and ready for exhibition
- I will affix a label to the back of each entry with my name, title of piece, medium and value